Although Japan may seem unfamiliar and hard to do, it is one of the safest and most profitable markets in Asia
Japan Door is the market entry and operations services platform for Japan Inc. Holdings Limited (JIH), a consulting and investment company located in Tokyo, Japan. Japan Inc. Holdings is a shareholder in a number of well-known Japan-based foreign-owned businesses, including Metropolis KK, the publisher of Japan’s largest English-language magazine of the same name, and Japan Inc. Communications, publisher of the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan’s in-house ACCJ Journal.
Japan Inc. Holdings is owned by Australian/Kiwi entrepreneur Terrie Lloyd, and was established in 2006. The Japan Door project is actually a continuation of previous businesses established by Mr. Lloyd in the 1980’s, and which have collectively assisted many technology, media, and engineering companies over the years to come to Japan.
The company is also a member of the LINC Media group, a collection of 7 companies that are active in various areas of media, technology, and human resources. The LINC Media group has offices in Tokyo, Osaka, and Okinawa (Naha), and employs approximately 140 staff.
Japan Inc. business lines
- We assist 20+ companies/year to either enter or strengthen their relationships in Japan
- We represent the State of Ohio in Japan
- Deal origination for some of the world’s largest IT, software, and media companies
- Sell-side advisory services for foreign and Japanese entrepreneurs selling business
- Sourcing funding from Angel, VC, Private Equity, and strategic corporate investors
- Typically involves a multi-country strategy, with Japan operations being part of the mix
- JIH has shareholdings in 6 portfolio companies, with more under consideration
- We make small, early-stage investments where we can play a role in Japan operations
- 53 years old, 27 years in Japan
- Description: Serial entrepreneur and business operation, personally founded 17 companies in Japan, dozens for clients
- Skills: Visioning, business planning, operations management, sales, business restructuring, M&A Deal Origination, M&A Deal Advisory
- Sector Expertise: Media, Marketing, IT, Functional Foods, Venture Finance
- 37 years old, BA in International Law, MA in International Transactions Law at the graduate school of Chuo University
- Description: Market entry consultant. Many years experience in sales and marketing with Japanese companies. Has broad understanding of the Japanese economy and Japanese business, including five years experience in a major Japanese financial services company
- Skills: Negotiation, strategic analysis, business planning
- Sector Expertise: General market entry into Japan